Cash in Transit
The only course in South Australia offering reality based training for the CIT industry
The Cash-in-Transit (CIT) Skill Set is carefully designed by trainers who have worked in the cash-in-transit industry, to deliver a host of practical pre-employment training skills to enter the CIT industry.
The CIT industry involves the physical transfer of cash and valuable assets from location to location. The process may involve armoured and non-armoured vehicles, covert (plain clothed) and overt (uniformed) operatives.
This course provides the necessary skills in:
- Cash loading and unloading
- Site risk assessment
- Emergency response procedures
- Escort and guard role responsibilities
- and much more....
Who should attend?
This program is suitable for those who intend to enter the Cash-in-Transit (CIT) industry and aim to gain valuable, 'hands on' pre-employment skills and knowledge. Job roles in the CIT industry include, armed guard, escort, driver and messenger.
NOTE: The CIT industry may attract additional licensing requirements – see below for more information.
The Cash in Transit program is delivered over two (2) days, focusing on practical skills in a simulated environment. The course covers a variety of operational scenarios that arise in a Cash in Transit environment, and includes pre-course reading and assessment activities.
Prerequisite employment and occupational licensing requirements
The CIT industry has additional training and licensing requirements. These requirements may include the following:
- CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations
- Security Agents licence (via Consumer & Business Services) with endorsement for Guarding with a Firearm
- CPPSEC3114 Control security risk situations using firearms
- H6 Security Industry class firearms training with a SA Police approved instructor
- H6 Security Industry class firearms licence approved through SA Police Firearms Branch
- Individuals may need to attain an Medium Rigid (MR) class driver’s licence depending on employer requirements
Nationally Accredited Certification on Completion
On successful completion of the course, participants will receive the Statement of Attainment for the CPPSS00061 Cash-in-Transit Skill Set, including following Nationally Accredited units of competency:
- CPPSEC3118 Inspect and test cash-in-transit security equipment and rectify faults
- CPPSEC3119 Implement cash-in-transit security procedures
- CPPSEC3120 Load and unload cash-in-transit in secured and unsecured environments
Please note: Occupational security licensing requirements vary in different states.
Always check with local security licensing authorities for details or contact us to discuss this further.
Student Visa Holders: Tactical Training (Australia) Pty Ltd is not a CRICOS Registered Training Organisation and cannot enrol people who are visiting Australia on a Student Visa. Refer to Terms & Conditions for more information.